Today is the day Inventory Presser, a WordPress plugin for automobile dealerships, launches as a free and open-source product at the core of an ecosystem of add-on plugins. 🎉
All development will happen on Github before new versions are released in the official WordPress Plugin Repository.
Manage inventory and vehicle listings in WordPress
Our company, Friday Systems, has built hundreds of dealership websites on top of this plugin since 2016 when we began a private beta. The version of Inventory Presser we shipped to wordpress.org today, 12.2.5, contains these features:
- Stores vehicles & lot info in WordPress
- Provides listing templates to run on any theme
- Adds listing, vehicle, and category URLs
- Supports multiple lot locations & separate hours for each
- Adds vehicles to WordPress searches & filters
- See full feature list →
Today, 11 premium & 3 free add-ons are available for purchase and download from inventorypresser.com, including a VIN Decoder. Most dealers are decoding VINs and entering photos upstream from WordPress, though, so we’ve published instructions about how we update vehicles using the REST API.
Integration Guides & Other Docs
- Theme Compatibility Guide
- Using the REST API to Update Vehicle Listings in WordPress
- Vehicle Post Type
- Hooks, Template Tags, & Shortcodes
- See all documentation→
A Familiar Code Reference
All of Inventory Presser’s source code is available in the same code reference used by core WordPress. Does this page for a template tag method,
invp_get_the_price(), look familiar?