Tags: car dealer, inventory management, vehicle, automobile, dealership, lot, motorcycle, rv
Requires at least: 5.0.0
Tested up to: 5.7.2
Stable tag: 13.2.0
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Turn WordPress into a dealership website. Provides vehicle listing templates and a custom post type for automobiles or powersports.
This plugin tranforms WordPress into a powerful dealer website platform that makes displaying a vehicle inventory easy.
- Supports automobiles, motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and boats
- Manage multiple lot locations and separate phone numbers & hours for each
- VIN-decoding add-on available
- Custom post type
inventory_vehiclemakes importing data easy
- Categorizes inventory by type, body style, fuel, transmission, drive type, availability, and new or used
- Includes many widgets including vehicle sliders and inventory grids
Built the right way and developer-friendly
- Creates a custom post type & 11 taxonomies to store and group vehicles
- Editor sidebar integrates custom fields into the block editor
- Adds columns to the posts list for vehicles for stock number, color, odometer, price, photo count, and thumbnail
- Implements custom taxonomies to group vehicles by year, make, model, type, fuel, transmission, drive type, availability, new or used, and body style
- Hooks in all the right places & four powerful shortcodes
- Template tags make front-end development easy
- Runs on any theme & provides shortcodes for the stubborn ones.
- Full feature list & more documentation https://inventorypresser.com/
- Upload the
inventory-presserdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Read this plugin's Frequently Asked Question called "Will Inventory Presser work with my theme?" to learn how vehicles can best be displayed
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does this plugin cost?
This plugin is free and open source. Free and paid add-ons & services are available at https://inventorypresser.com/.
Does it decode VINs?
Not for free. A VIN decoder add-on is available at https://inventorypresser.com/products/plugins/vin-decoder/.
Can I import my inventory into this system?
Yes. We use the WordPress REST API to deliver inventory updates. Read how we do it. Vehicles in Inventory Presser are stored in a custom post type using meta fields, taxonomy terms, and photo attachments, and many CSV/spreadsheet importer plugins work with custom post types. If imports sound challenging, Friday Systems (that's us) feeds hundreds of sites running this plugin. It may be easier to let Friday Systems handle the last leg for a monthly fee.
Will Inventory Presser work with my theme?
Yes. Check out our Theme Compatibility Guide. If your theme does not include templates to display listing pages and vehicle detail pages, the plugin will provide the markup for those pages automatically. There are shortcodes like
[invp_single_vehicle] as a last resort. A number of Template Tags make designing custom templates easy.
- [Added] Now registers a term meta key
dealer_idto our locations taxonomy terms to hold a dealer identifier.
- [Added] Adds a new meta key
inventory_presser_doorsto hold the number of doors. Adds this field to the editor sidebar so it can be VIN decoded and edited by users. Adds this field to the vehicle attribute table in the built-in single vehicle template.
- [Added] Adds KBB & NADA book value fields to the editor sidebar so they can be edited by users.
- [Added] Registers two new term meta keys
address_lonto store latitude and longitude coordinates on terms in our locations taxonomy.
- [Added] Adds a CSS file to store a rule that was previously hard-coded into the Map widget output.
- [Changed] Stores longitude and latitude coordinates after they are fetched from openstreetmap.org by the Map widget so they need not be requested again.
- [Fixed] Prevents the Map widget from showing if there are no addresses to plot.
- [Fixed] Bug fix in Hours widget when checking whether or not to highlight a row
Now saves latitude and longitude coordinates with location term addresses when they are fetched from OpenStreetMap.org for use in the Map widget. Enables more than one Map widget to appear on the same page. Bug fix in the Hours widget.
Contains bug fixes and adds a new maps widget called Map that succeeds the Google Map widget. Google deprecated the API upon which the Google Map widget is built, and has indicated it will cease working any day. The new widget is built on leaflet.js and uses map tiles/imagery from MapBox.
Version 13 is smaller than version 12! Instead of shipping with two sliders, all slideshows are now powered by flexslider. This version drops a dependency on slick.js without losing functionality or changing the look and feel of sliders. Fixes a bug when displaying our placeholder "no photo photo" near vehicles that have zero photos.
Adds a setting to control whether vehicles use Trash when deleted. Adds a shortcode [invp_photo_slider]. Creates relationship with "For Sale" term in Availabilities taxonomy when vehicles are added with the editor. Fixes a bug that prevented boat fields from appearing in the vehicle attribute table.
First version that adds a "date entered" field to vehicles posts. Bug fix in the hours widget to no longer highlight Friday and Monday at the same time for some sets of hours.
Changes the default button text for NextGear vehicle inspection reports from "See Digital Inspection Report" to "Mechanic's Report." Fixes bugs.
This release is the one we shipped to wordpress.org and the world as our open source launch.
The first version with DocBlock comments on all classes and methods.
This version makes the job of REST API clients that update vehicle data much easier by adding meta fields that overlap and updated all custom taxonomies.